Monday, March 24, 2014

Self Portraits and Portraits Part 1

1. Alter Your Perspective
Most portraits are taken with the camera at (or around) the eye level of the subject. While this is good common sense – completely changing the angle that you shoot from can give your portrait a real WOW factor.

2. Shoot Candidly


Sometimes posed shots can look somewhat…. posed. Some people don’t look good in a posed environment and so switching to a candid type approach can work.

Environmental
I chose this picture because of how it shows what he is doing and he is obviously happy with it. I like that he is showing emotion and doing his job.
I chose this picture because of the movement and flexibility that is shown. It is a great shot and it seems as if she is enjoying that she is doing.

Photography
I chose this picture because of the color and background. I like it because she's not looking at the camera, it was taken up close, and seems to be taken off-guard.
I chose this picture because of the black and white colors and the camera being in the photo. I like that there is a prop in the picture and how his expression is plain.

Casual
I chose this picture because of the background and the overall colors in the picture. It is bright and I like that the background is vibrant. She also seems super happy.
I chose this picture because of the framing around the subject. I like that she is kneeling down and holding on to the sides. I also like that there is a lake or pond in the background and you can see the water.

I plan on shooting at my house, either inside or outside in the yard. I will take photos of myself and my friend Alex Barcenas. To make the photos successful, I will apply as many rules of photography as I can and remember the helpful tips when taking each different shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment