1. In Tuesday's paper on page A3 "Ellis Island", what do you know about Ellis Island? Would you like to visit the island? WHY or WHY NOT
I know that Ellis Island use to be the place where they would take European immigrants. I would like to visit Ellis Island because it has so much history connected with it. It would be interesting to see what the immigrants saw such a long time ago. I think it's neat that they have reopened.
2. In Tuesday's paper on page A7 "Thanks, Texas..." What points are the author trying to make about Texas? Do you agree or disagree with his perspective? WHY or WHY NOT
The author is saying how generous Texas is for sacrificing our own people to help other states' people. I agree with what he saying. I agree that we are a generous state and help others when we can.
3. In Tuesday's paper on page B1 "School staff to get ...." What are your reactions to the story? Do you think the Bastrop staff should get the training? WHY or WHY NOT
I think that that is awful that school staff are talking to students like that and telling them those things. Discrimination was suppose to end a long time ago and it's sad that it's still an issue in some places. I think the staff should get training because that is unacceptable and unfair behavior.
4. In Wednesday's paper on page A11 "NFL not..." Do you think the concussion issue is enough to cause changes in the NFL? WHY or WHY NOT
I don't think the concussion issue will cause changes. So many players get concussions and then are allowed to play again after only a couple games of sitting on the bench. It's dangerous and it should change but chances are, it won't.
5. In Thursday's paper on page A1 "Guards at lockup..." What should happen to guards at the facility?
The guards at that facility should lose their jobs. If they are working for a program to try to calm aggressive teens, why would they be aggressive towards them? It doesn't make sense to attack teens that already have issues. The guards probably only made the kids worse, and for that they deserve to get fired for not following the rules.
6. In Thursday's paper on page 1 "Sebelien apologizes: Obama tries..." Should the computer problems plaguing the ACA be reflective on the job the President is doing as the leader of the United States? WHY or WHY NOT
The computer problems should not be blamed on how Obama is doing as a leader. It's not his fault that the website collapsed. He can take responsibility for it crashing, but that doesn't mean it was his fault. He is doing a great job as leader of the United States.
No comments:
Post a Comment