Thursday, October 3, 2013

Student of the Month Story

   Alex Barcenas has won Student of the Month for September at Bowie High School. She is a very hard working student and has improved tremendously in school.
 
   The principal announced the winner Friday morning.
 
   Alex Barcenas won the Student of the Month award by the faculty at Bowie High School.
 
   "I nominated Alex because of her determination in school and her generosity," teacher Patricia Dittmar said.
 
   Barcenas is a member of Bowie Pals.
 
   "She loves to help people and would do anything for somebody in need. She really is a great person," student Sophia Abraham said.
 
     Barcenas has recently started getting all "A's" in her classes.

   "We are so proud of her for how far she's come with her grades," Barcenas's parents Ray and Corrine said.
 
    Barcenas stays after school for tutoring every Monday and Tuesday.

   "Alex always comes in for extra help which is great because she knows what's going on in class and can help other's when they get stuck on something," Dittmar said.

   Barcenas frequently volunteers at homeless shelters and participates in community service.

   "She always puts others before herself and that's what I love about her," Abraham said.
 
   "I'm not sure exactly what I want to do after high school, but I know that I want to continue to work hard and help people," Barcenas said.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment