Thursday, October 3, 2013

Current Events Quiz #6


1. What major event is occurring in our country right now?
The Government shut down

2. What big event is happening in Austin this weekend?
ACL - Austin City Limits

3. What major sci-fi, thriller, military-based author passed away yesterday?
Tom 

4. What health care plan, championed by Barack Obama became law yesterday?
Obamacare

5. Who said "Austin is safer and less violent" after a report was released yesterday stating that Austin is the 2nd safest city over 100,000 people in the United States?
Governor Perry

Answer the four questions below, please write at least a paragraph (3-5 sentences):

REMINDER - Some of you are not writing enough here. A single sentence isn't enough. I expect you to expand upon your writing. If you think you have written enough, you haven't, write more. Be sure to answer WHY you think something.

1. What impact does the government shut down have on you?
The government shut down does not really impact me. Nobody that I know receives pay checks from the government or anything of that nature. I haven't really been keeping up with it since it doesn't effect anyone around me.

AND

2. Tell me what you have heard your parents, family members, friends say about the government shut down?
I heard that the government shut down because members couldn't come to an agreement. I heard that the disagreement was over Obamacare. Also, I heard that since the government is shut down, some people aren't getting their paychecks, like people involved in the military.

AND

3. Does what you hear sway your opinion about the leadership of our country? What do you think about our leaders, our president, and the government in general?
My opinion is still the same no matter what I've heard. I think our president is doing a good job. Our leaders and government are doing fine because everybody still has freedom and equal rights. Until drastic change happens that affects everybody in America, my opinion will stay the same.

AND

4. Has it changed since the shut down has actually happened? Why or Why not?
My opinion has not changed since the shut down. All of the members are doing the best they can and this won't really change the leadership of our country. There will always be disagreements between members of the government but eventually they will agree and make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment